Nov 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandpa Steve!!!!!!

Today is Grandpa Steve's Birthday.........he is a picture taken almost 4 years ago. Abbey was not even a year old yet. There is a story behind this picture. The lovely outfit my dad is wearing is probley as old as I am. Whenever I had friends over my Dad couldn't wait to put this lovely outfit on and embarrass me. The shirt is a classic is says :Don't worry be Humpy" the blue corduroy are an engineering miracle, by miracle I mean I can't believe they have not started disintegrating they are so old and not to mention short. He could do a commercial for Nair. To top off the ensemble he would wear these white tube socks pulled all the way up to his knees. My Dad is a tall guy, those are some pretty long socks. I socks actually matched my dad coloring in his legs "snow white". My dad does not like to trow things out, you can't tell in the picture but he owns these shoes, that once were white and new, now they are stained green due to the fact he would mow the lawn in them. When I had friends over here he would come in "HIS OUTFIT", I would often tell my friends that he was the gardener. Moral to the story it is OK to buy a new outfit and trow out old clothes....they have fulfilled there purpose.
I guess a cool fact is that Jimmy Hendrix, Bruce Lee and Bill Nye "the Science Guy" have the same birthday as my Dad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA STEVE!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the honorable mention Jodie! I can’t tell you (too incriminating to post) how much this means to me!
I'm looking forward to our Christmas Eve get together! I'm hoping to catch up with some of your old friends-I'll be dressed appropriately!
Love you Jodie!
Dad